(KRON) — A new list of America’s most beautiful cities has been released, and our City by the Bay has made the cut, according to a new study.
Travel website Booking.com analyzed a mix of popular Instagram hashtags to find out which city has the most photos taken per square mile. But which California cities are on the list?
San Francisco was the highest-ranked California city, taking seventh place nationally with an average of 1,039 photos per square mile. The survey attributes the ranking to the scenic and seaside beauty of San Francisco. The iconic Golden Gate Bridge and the beautiful hills that run through the Bay Area certainly don’t hurt.
Another California city made the cut, averaging 1,019 photos per square mile: Sacramento. The state capital is surrounded by two rivers, the Sacramento River and the American River, and both rivers offer stunning scenery. One cannot forget the beautiful architecture present in the city, including some structures built before the gold rush.
KRON We’re broadcasting now
Which cities are at the top of the list? Chicago was in third place with 1,529 images per square mile. Second place went to Boston with an average of 2,213 photos per square mile. And Miami tops the charts with an average of 2,661 photos per mile. For details on the other cities that made the list, check out the full report at Booking.com.
- Miami, 2,661 photos per mi²
- Boston, 2,213 photos per square mile
- Chicago, 1,529 photos per square mile
- New York, 1,098 photos per mi²
- Saint Louis, 1,095 photos per mi²
- Seattle, 1,052 photos per square mile
- San Francisco, 1,039 photos per mi²
- Sacramento, 1,019 photos per mi²
- Cleveland, 666 photos per square mile
- Orlando, Florida, 654 photos per mi²