The State Fair is expected to be California’s largest outdoor venue with dozens of events and attractions.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The California State Fair is in its first of two full weeks of operation, which this year will run from July 15-31.
While the first weekend of the fair has passed, the weekdays at the fair are still filled with events and food.
Here’s a schedule of what’s happening on Tuesday.
Main gate opening hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Carnival hours: 2pm-10pm
Children’s park opening hours: 1pm-10pm
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. — The California State Fair and Food Festival has a pass which gives away four tickets for $28 that can be redeemed at vendors that are part of the food festival.
- 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Free California Olive Oil Sampling with Eyrie Olive Oil Company
- 12 p.m.-2 p.m.: Cooking demonstration by Jorden Crozier
- 4-6 p.m.: Cooking demo by Chef Dean Hiatt of Food Network
- 4:30-5:30 p.m.: Funnel-Cake Shrimp with Toasted Coconut Pineapple Dip
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Cooking demonstration by Chef Dean Hiatt of Food Network
For the fans
Country music icon Clay Walker will perform at the Toyota Concert Series on the Golden 1 Stage beginning at 8 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Admission to the concert is free with a general admission ticket. Reserved and ADA seating is an additional $20 per seat.
Wristbands are available for free seating behind reserved Golden Circle seating, with giveaway starting at 5 p.m. outside the venue.
In Buildings A and B, notable authors from across the state will be available for talks and signings. Among the authors are:
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. | M. L. Hamilton
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. | Bob Irélan
- 1pm-9pm | Eileen Hook
- 1pm-9pm | Catherine McGreevy
- 2pm-10pm | Elizabeth and Hannah Jorgensen
- 2pm-10pm | Sharon Darrow
Freestyle motocross shows are held at FMX Lagoon three times a day, daily at 3pm, 5pm and 7pm
Kids can ride the carnival rides all day for just $2 each way, and guests under 12 get free admission to the fairgrounds.
On Tuesday, kids can find Poppy at the following times and locations:
- 12pm-1pm: Meet & Greet: Tuesday Kids Free Day – Kid’s Carnival
- 2-3 p.m.: Meet & Greet – Candy Maze – Expo Center Building 2
- 5:00-6:00 p.m.: Cooking Demonstration: Chef Dean Hiatt of the Food Network – Save Mart California Kitchen
- 7-8 p.m.: A tail as old as time – Cavalcade of horses – Horse Arena
For real-time traffic updates in the area, check out the Waze map below.