Here’s what to expect at the July 21 state fair.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — It’ll be another round of fun, funnel cakes, and carnival rides at the 2022 California State Fair on July 21. The state fair continues through the end of the month.
Here’s a schedule of what’s happening on Thursday, July 21.
Business hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Carnival times: Opens at 2 p.m.
Children’s park opening hours: Opens at 1 p.m.
Discounts: save at the fair
Admission will be free on Thursday, July 21 for active duty, reserve and veterans of all branches of the military and active first responders.
From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., guests can try a variety of Fair Trade bite-sized foods with special $2 menus from their favorite food vendors. For a list of participating providers, click HERE.
Food vendors are open daily, click here for the full list.
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. — The California State Fair and Food Festival has a pass which gives four tickets for $28 which can be redeemed at a vendor who is part of the food festival.
- 11 a.m. – Home Food Preservation Help Desk with UC Master Food Preservers
- Noon – Dinner 911! Cooking Challenge: Round 1
- 3:00 p.m. – 911 Dinner! Cooking Challenge: Round 2
- 6 p.m. – 911 Dinner! Cooking Challenge: Final Round
Fun for kids
- 3pm/5pm/7pm – FMX Motocross
- 5:00 p.m. – California Classic Breeds Parade
- Noon to 6 p.m. – Jimmy Becker and Jay Rin | Save Mart Wine Garden
- 2:30 p.m. – To mix together | Sky River Casino Boardwalk Stage
- 4 p.m.-7 p.m. – David Badilla | Lagunitas Craft Beer Scene
- 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. – Gabelv | Save Mart Wine Garden
- 9-9:45 p.m. – LSB The group | Sky River Casino Boardwalk Stage
- 8 p.m. – guess who | Golden Main Stage 1
For real-time traffic updates, check out the Waze map below.