If it seems like burger combo meals in California cost more (or a lot more) than most other places, you’re right.
money geek analyzed menu prices at fast food restaurants across the country and found that San Francisco and Los Angeles are the two most expensive cities for burger meals in the United States
The financial advice website looked at the cost of a burger, fries and a drink at 145 restaurants in the 50 biggest cities.
He revealed that San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York were the most expensive cities, with customers paying more than $14 for a burger combo at major fast food chains.
Long Beach and Sacramento were also in the top 10.
The US city with the cheapest burger combos was Tulsa, Oklahoma, where diners pay an average of just $6.55.
MoneyGeek also found that hamburger meal prices increased by 9% between 2021 and 2022.
Burger King saw the biggest price increase, rising 21% in 39 cities, while Five Guys is the most expensive with a combo meal costing around $20.
Here are the 10 most expensive cities for burger combos, according to MoneyGeek
- 1. San Francisco, California = $15.30
- 2. Los Angeles, California = $14.59
- 3. New York, New York = $14.22
- 4. Long Beach, California = $13.08
- 5. Washington, D.C. = $12.94
- 6. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania = $12.89
- 7. Boston, Massachusetts = $12.69
- 8. Sacramento, CA = $12.67
- 9. Seattle, Washington = $12.58
- 10. Mesa, AZ = $12.46
Suggest a fix